Time: June 7, 2011 from 8pm to 9:30pm
Location: Fiveways Residents Association Hall
Street: Winchester Avenue
Phone: 020 8451 4696
Event Type: fruit, harvesting, planning
Organized By: Michael / Transition Kensal to Kilburn
Latest Activity: Jun 8, 2011
We’re going to plot the year ahead for fruit harvesting now that the fruit is swelling.
Say what you want the project to do this year and get involved in making it happen!
Some of the things we’ll talk about are
*what’s the best use of a cool 1,000kg of local fruit we’ll pick this year?
* links with schools and local groups
* how best to organise picking?
* anything else you want to discuss – all practical or unusual ideas welcome
Update from the last few months
* Last year we picked 950 kg of fruit from back gardens that would otherwise have rotted. We gave it away to local schools, made apple juice, chutney and jam and sold it to shops
* Two local libraries, Kilburn and Kensal Rise, lending our picking tools.
* We planted 50 apple trees in a group of 66 houses in South Kilburn and on the platforms at Willesden Green and Kilburn Jubilee stations – I want to watch commuters picking apples on the way to work
* 25 people trained in pruning fruit trees during the winter
We’re meeting at Fiveways Residents Association Hall and will also have a look at the lovely Transition allotment there.
Fiveways Residents Association Hall
Next to Mapes House, 1-13 Winchester Avenue, London, NW6 7TR
Look for a 9 storey block of flats about 150 yards from Willesden Lane on the North (uphill) side of the road.
Turn into the driveway between the flats (Mapes House) and a 6 foot high wall into the carpark.
The hall is a small one storey building with a small square on top, very near the road and flats and slightly to your left.
Add a Comment