Buy Nothing Day is on Sat Nov 28th. An awareness raising detox from shopping with the slogan 'Shop less, live more'. Details are at http://www.buynothingday.co.uk/ So far, only one event in London, a craft workshop in Islington.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the idea of Buy Nothing Day... What can we do to celebrate it? Perhaps at the least we can download some of those posters and put them in the front window? I will put it up as an event to highlight the day. George
Yes, can put Buy Nothing Day posters in front windows, that's a good idea, as is putting on calendar. BND events are often street theatre to raise awareness. I took part 6 years ago and handed out 'shopping violation' notices in Covent Garden wearing police helmets (the same ones that were used as head protection by fruit pickers!). I prefer the idea of a mend-it workshop where people bring clothes, bicyles, and other household objects and help each other to repair them. Admittedly it would take a lot of organising if we needed people with some skills and some tools but could be fun and fit with the zeitgeist. Or a make your own Xmas cards workshop? I'm busy on 28th and its very soon but support prioritising and planning in good time for next year if enough people are interested?

George Latham said:
I love the idea of Buy Nothing Day... What can we do to celebrate it? Perhaps at the least we can download some of those posters and put them in the front window? I will put it up as an event to highlight the day. George

Hi compliments, am Jenny, am so much happy to come across your profile today. Please i will like you to write me with my

email address jennyosah@hotmail.com to know more about me thanks. Have a nice day ahead of you.

Jenny.

great idea...I wish there was some posters to hang in our windows or something...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Transition Kensal to Kilburn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service