Local food co-op, beehives and food growing

Hello all,

I am new to this group but wanted to share some information and also ask for advice.

I live on the Alexandra and Ainsworth Estate off Abbey Road (near junction with Belsize Road) and am on the TRA here. We have set up our own food co-op which is currently a fruit and veg box scheme. If anyone in the area would like to join us you are more than welcome. We are also setting up our own beehives on the estate and I noticed there are some interested bee keepers on this site. We are also looking at expanding the food growing project on the estate. Again, anyone living in the area is welcome to get involved:

More info on the estate website here:

http://www.alexandraandainsworth.org/

You can contact us about the food co-op through this website.

On another matter, we want to run a dawn chorus walk in the lovely park on our estate and the RSPB have not been forthcoming re someone who might be interested and able in running this. Do any of you happen to know someone knowledgeable and interested in leading a group one morning?

Regards,

Matthew

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Matthew,

I don't personally know anyone who can lead a dawn chorus walk, but what a wonderful idea. I hope someone out there can help.

I don't know if you have any bee keeping mentors, but it has been very useful with our hives to have an experienced beekeeper to come and keep an eye on us. If you can find one for your hives I'd really recommend it. My own experience extends to a year's worth of bee keeping, but you're more than welcome to come and visit the apiary. If you join the beekeeping group on this site and take a look at the post 'Bees in the cemetery' you'll see an account of our first year and I'd be happy to chat about any of it. Good luck. David

has your dawn chorus walk already taken place?  I might be able to introduce you to a possible guide.  best wishes  Victoria

Hi Matthew,

I only just saw this post, I've been meaning to get in touch with you regarding your veg box co-op, we're
starting one over here (http://ttkensaltokilburn.ning.com/group/vegbox) and wonder if you'd have time for a chat?

Regards,

Miko (07956 131 552)

Hi compliments, am Jenny, am so much happy to come across your profile today. Please i will like you to write me with my

email address jennyosah@hotmail.com to know more about me thanks. Have a nice day ahead of you.

Jenny.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Transition Kensal to Kilburn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service