Present: Sarah, Marjory, Urmi, Viv
Matters arising from previous minutes:
Viv to meet with Brian re the cash book
FEEDBACK FROM WASSAIL
- agreed that this went well
- made £82.34 which was great.
- need to think again about the layout of the tables if we do this again.
Urmi to meet with Transition Belsize
Agreed to send out an email with request for ideas
VISIT TO SARAH's ALLOTMENT
This will take place in May
BRENT ALLOTMENT STRATEGY
Meeting in the Willesden Green Library Centre on 13 March 4.30-6.30.
Sarah to put together a draft reply to the consultation.
Viv circulated notes from a Capital Growth event that she and Marjory attended.
- Viv attended the recent meeting which was well supported.
- Keep Willesden Green have approached us for support. Viv will provide a quote.
- agreed we reply as a group to the consultation and request:
environmental impact be considered
inclusion of community growing space
effect on community cohesion if the centre closes
WILLESDEN GREEN SPACE
- becoming time consuming for those involved
- public consultation will now be in May
- workshops to be held during consultation
- had a positive meeting with Sainsbury's who are taking the proposal seriously
- Sarah Langton and others undertook a site visit to look at planting
- Project update to be given at public meeting on 22nd
T WILLESDEN EVENTS
- Green Coffee, Queensbury Deli 11-12 on Wed 29 February
- Agreed to have Foraging Presentation with Jon Daniels at next public meeting 22 March. If JD unable to make that date try 27 or 29 March. [update 22 March confirmed].
- Consider showing Economics of Happiness or new Transition film if JD can’t make above dates - Urmi can arrange projector
- draught proofing in Autumn
- Screening of new Transition film tomorrow at Paradise Bar
- open day St Mungos 8 March
- Transition Training coming up
- Paulette Singer, permaculture training – 24-5th March
BRENT SUSTAINABILITY FORUM
- Miko from K2K spoke at this - topic was food growing.
- they are looking for ideas for future meetings. Viv proposed transition theme, and would approach K2K to suggest this.
- discussion of how do we use this forum?
- Brian has proposed meeting Brent's Biodiversity Officer
CLIMATE CHANGE STEERING GROUP
- new group for schools forum – opportunity for a Transition rep to be involved
- schools conference on 28 June
MEANWHILE SPACE - WALM LANE
- Slam Art and another contact (Joanna) have been allocated space.
- Marjory agreed to visit when they are open and see how we can use this space
PAUSE AND REFLECT
- discussion held re how do we proceed with subgroups ie food
- agreed we need to have enough people with sufficient energy etc to take these forward
Next Meeting Monday 26 March at Urmi's