Present: Viv, Urmi, Marjory. Apologies: Sarah. Minutes: Marjory

MATTERS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MEETING

Logo and Leaflet – Viv will progress

Slideshow – Urmi will liaise with KTK re uploading the photos

History Society –Viv has contacted Carol Brooksbank re possibility of joint meeting

Wildflower Planting – No update yet from Sarah

Network Event – Viv has contacted the Willesden Town Team

Willesden/Sainsbury’s Green Space – Sanchia attended a recent meeting and confirmed

Transition Willesden will no longer be involved in the initiative. It was noted that Sarah had concerns around the suitability of the space for planting/growing etc.

Library Submission – Viv resent our submission and received an acknowledgment

FINANCE

Urmi has uploaded onto a spread sheet. We have a balance of £231.15 and £236.77 in cash.

Urmi will pursue setting up a bank account. £12.00 has been donated from the communal

meal.

CONSTITUTION

We agreed the constitution, Urmi to publish on website.

GOOGLE MAIL AND WEBSITE

Urmi to send out a test email. Our new website will be redirected to the KTK subgroup

UPDATE ON COMMUNAL MEAL

Marjory and Ashika organized the second communal meal on 3 March. The meal went

well with eight people attending including a resident from St Mungo’s hostel. Two people

attended who were new to our events. The meal was simpler than before- soup and

crumble from local, in season, fruit and vegetables. There was a suggestion at the end that

we should do an Eritrean meal but no offers were made to organize etc. The participants

were charged £5.00 for the ingredients. We had £12.00 over. It was agreed by participants

that this would be donated to the Transition Willesden fund. Marjory has been informed by St Mungo’s that a new provider, Look Ahead, will take over the running of the building

in April. It is not clear how this will affect room bookings etc. Marjory will follow up with

Simon from St Mungo’s.

FUTURE EVENTS

Stall at Mapesbury Residents Association AGM, St Gabriel’s Church, 30 April. Details

tbc.- Suggested seed/seedling swap, jars of bay leaves etc. Advertise our next public

meeting. Urmi and Viv can attend. Viv to confirm with MapRA and ask group if anyone

wants to contribute.

Fruit Harvesting Group

The review meeting has been rearranged again to Friday 15 March. Funding from Brent

Council has been confirmed but not arrived. We should make group leaders aware of

liabilities under our constition.

Brent Schools Conference on Climate Change 20 March

None of us can attend. The conference is borough wide and we would prefer to focus upon

local events.

Green Energy Public Meeting and AGM

We identified Wednesday 1 or Thursday 2 May as possible dates. The meeting would

commence with a short AGM (including treasurer's and chair's summaries) and then

presentations from the following: Elliot from Energy Solutions, draught busting from

Transition Belsize and Joju solar panels company. Urmi will make contact and clarify

their availability on those dates. Electric House, shop on Queens Parade and Rising Sun

were raised as possible venues. VIv will check out Electric House re charge, chairs,

equipment etc.

Clitterhouse Farm Group

Viv fed back from a meeting she attended. Number of ideas raised for the space: farm

buildings could be converted, Field to Fork organics, community growing space, creative

Cricklewood Space, Community café. Viv is on the wider core group. A clean up day in

the area will be held on 24 March. Viv will add to next mailing.

AOB

A project management App ASANA has been found to be useful

Next Meeting

Monday 15 April

Views: 29

Replies to This Discussion

sorry no one from Field to Fork Organics made it as hoped. I spoke to Amandine yesterday briefly about press stuff and she'd like to have a chat...

RSS

© 2022   Created by Transition Kensal to Kilburn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service