This is the recipe of an apple cake I baked on Thursday for Kensal to Kilburn TT public meeting.
-200 gr to 320 gr of peeled and deseeded apples cut in small pieces (depending on how moist you want your cake to be; I put a bit more than 300 gr of apples on Thursday but if you want to take the cake to a picnic maybe it's better to use 200 gr of apples)
-180 gr of plain white flour
-2 table spoons of baking powder
-170 gr of caster sugar
-150 gr of butter
-half a spoon of cinnamon
-a pinch of bicarbonate of soda
-Optional: 60 gr of walnuts and a table spoon of sultanas (you need to put the sultanas in water for 30 minutes before starting mixing the other ingredients)
How to proceed:
1) Turn on the oven (180 degrees).
2) Peel, unseed and cut the apples>
3) In a bowl, mix the eggs and the sugar until the mix is fluffy.
When the mix is fluffy - i.e. golden and light, throw everything else in the bowl.
4) Pour the mix in a cake form -I butter the form and put some flour on the bottom and sides of the form before I pour the mix in. It's much easier to take the cake out of the form once it's baked.
5) Put the form into the pre-heated oven.
6) Bake it for 50 minutes. If you put a knife into the cake, it should come out clean.
Add a Comment